Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The BEST 10 days of my life! - a MUST have experience - Read on!


4th Feb.. such a wonderful day.. I registered for a 10 day Vipassana Course at Dhammagiri.. with mixed emotions.. with confusions and slight uneasiness.. all for the reasons like..
1. you cant talk for 10 days
2. you cant keep cell phones
3. you cant keep books or any reading or writing material
4. you cant leave the place unless you complete all these 10 days

Completely cut off from the world.. from your family, from your closest friends, your daily schedule, your lifestyle.. The thought itself was so scary..

But just a pondered thought lied ahead.. what am I scared of?
Not having all these things in life for 10 days would mean that I would be practically living with myself and only myself for these 10 days.. Was I scared of living with MYSELF for 10 days?? Don't I know myself even as much??

And that was my decision point.. I have to do this thing.. not for anyone else.. but for MYSELF.. just for myself.

Dhammagiri is a beautiful land, one with nature, situated in a small town named Igatpuri in the Western Ghats in Maharashtra at about 130 KMs from Mumbai. Founded by Shri. Satya Narayan ji Goenka, they teach Vipassana here.

Vipassana is a meditation technique. No false claims. No philosophy. No imagination and no visualization. Pure facts based only and only on your own experience. Completely non-sectarian.

Believe it and its benefits and what it can do to you only if you experience it. Else, just simply DONT.

It's a technique discovered by Gautam Buddha during his times to help mankind come out of their miseries and pains, be it physical or emotional. It has practicality in it. and asks only for continuous practice from one. Across centuries, huge number of people accepted and adopted this technique in their daily lives and found the CHANGE! They discovered the beauty of life!

Vipassana is not something only for the Monks. Its for everyone. and for everyone's welfare and happy living and existence!

Dont want to say too much coz its better if you experience. The results: you will see them immediately. And trust me.. you will be completely in AWE!
Millions of people across the world are taking the benefit of it. It has brought about unbelievable changes in the criminal inmates at the Tihar Jail. You would want to name them as saints now!
(I have a CD which has some small demonstrations of the same. If anyone who would want to see it, if feasible, I would be glad to share it. Otherwise, you can also find the videos on www.youtube.com; just search for "Doing Vipassana, Doing Time")

The thought that these videos impress on your mind: "If it can do "this" to them, then why not you?"

Even if you don't really have any problems in life and think that life is happy and nice, this technique is just going to add to your happiness! This technique is not just for people with problems.. its for everyone. Its for the mankind!

I would like to quote Shri. Goenka Guruji's one example here. Bhagwat Gita or other religious books ask you to stay away from craving and aversion. Have you ever wondered how do you actually do it?? They tell you WHAT TO DO. But none of them tell you HOW TO DO.
Here's the solution!!
Gautam Buddha answers us HOW TO DO it with the help of this beautiful technique called Vipassana.

Today after having completed my 10 days at this beautiful, peaceful place, I feel I have re-discovered myself and the process is still on! These were the best 10 days of my life. And yes, I absolutely love living with myself completely! :)

I sincerely urge you to take this course atleast once in your lifetime.. the earlier you take, the better.. Just coz I wish, like me, you dont come out saying: "I wish I had taken the course about 12 years ago when I was still in school"

You can register for the course online too! The course costs are already paid in the form of donations by people who believe and have benefited from these teachings already. Its their love and compassion for all of us. So, you bear no costs.

Visit @ http://www.vridhamma.org/Dhamma-Giri.aspx                   - to read more about Dhammagiri and Vipassana
       @ http://www.dhamma.org/en/schedules/schgiri.shtml          - to book online for a course at Dhammagiri
       @ http://www.dhamma.org/en/schedules/schpattana.shtml    - to book online for a course at Dhamma Pattana (Gorai, Mumbai)
 
They also conduct courses across their centers all over the world. More info can be found on the website.

Loads of love to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment